Once again Team Running Buddies will be running/walking to raise awareness and
funding for enrichment and training programs for Stray Rescue dogs!
The idea is simple but the rewards are huge. As part of Team Running Buddies, you commit to raising $500, which will be used to strengthen enrichment programs here at Stray Rescue. You will be an essential member of a fun, energetic, and compassionate team that will enhance the lives of homeless companion animals and help more of them find loving homes.
The 5k will take place on Saturday, April 6th, and the marathon, half marathon, and marathon relay will be Sunday April 7th. In return for your commitment, Stray Rescue will do the following if you register before March 1st:
• Cover the cost of your entry fee for one of the following races: GO! St. Louis Marathon, GO! St. Louis Half Marathon, GO! St. Louis Marathon Relay, or the GO! St. Louis 5k Run/Walk
• Provide you with a personal online fundraising page - a tool that is sure to help you reach your goal in no time
• A specialty Team Running Buddies performance shirt, in addition to the items you receive from GO! St. Louis
• Hands-on training assistance through GO! St. Louis and through Team Running Buddies representatives
• Group training runs, tips, and rallies
• An army of compassionate supporters to urge you on
• Special race day perks
Getting started is easy!
Step 1: Download the commitment form, fill it out, and email it to email@example.com, fax it to 314.621.3109, or mail it to 2320 Pine Street, St. Louis, MO, 63103. Once we receive your form, we will give you further race registration instructions, including a special password and charity code that will waive your registration fee. And remember, if running isn't your thing, you can help by spreading the word about the Running Buddies program or donating to one of the team members!
Step 2: Once we send you the registration link and codes, simply follow the instructions and register for one of the four aforementioned races. Be sure to select "Stray Rescue" as your chosen charity team when you sign up. Just a side note - spots for the 5k and marathon relay sell out quickly.
Step 3: Now, on to the fun stuff! Once you've registered for the race, you will receive a confirmation email. At the bottom of this email will be a link prompting you to sign in to the Active.com Fundraising Center, where you can customize your personal fundraising webpage, get fundraising tips, and spread the word about your participation in this worthy cause! Also, you will receive further, detailed instructions on setting up your fundraising page once you return the commitment form from Step 1.
On behalf of everyone at Stray Rescue, thank you for your support and go Team Running Buddies!
Please contact Jason at firstname.lastname@example.org or 314.771.6121 ext: 264 with any questions.
Stray Rescue is a proud partner of GO! St. Louis and GO! for a Cause.